Friday 30 November 2007

Conclusion - Closing Words

The size of my own room turned out to be ALOT bigger than I planned, and it took me quite a while to get the shapes right.... leaving me with more aliens to animate in less time, but I think I managed to pull through with an animation juuuust about good enough. I think I managed to get the overwhelming church appearance we were goin for.... together with the texturing and lighting it also had a slight gothic feel to it too... sooo, Im happy. I do still think the room is lacking with the amount of things in it compared to the other group members', but I's say it makes a good establisher both in terms of the themes we want to portray, and showing the audience that it IS a spaceship

Overall..... Apart from a few small concerns I have both appearance wise and animation wise with my own room, it turned out pretty good, and the end result for the group animaion as a whole has been quite successfull. Can really see how much better each team member has gotten with using Maya through the course of the project. I think each room in the animation had areas to them which were unique to just that room, and each one had its own sort of texturing style which as a result gave each one a different appearence, yet maintaining the essense of church like structures.... making the space ship even more interesting.

I'd say the only area in the final compiled animation that I really really don't like is the different renedering sizes.... some rooms were rendered in Quantel PAL, whilst others in the default Maya settings for size... so within the final rendered animation we hav transitions which go from full screen to a smaller picture size where there is a thick black border going around the animation.
It's our own fault really for not comunicating at the very end and making sure everyone did the same.... a lesson learned for future projects......

No comments: